Applications open from 13 April to 19 June 2023
The second call for festivals to support emerging artists is now open. Time to find your emerging artist, your partner festivals and to work on your residency project.
The European Festivals Fund for Emerging Artists - EFFEA offers emerging artists a platform to develop their careers on an international level through festivals. Co-produced by a leading festival and at least two partner festivals, each from a different eligible country, the EFFEA Residencies provide emerging artists with time, space and support to work on an original project or to develop an existing one.
There are two categories of residencies:
- EFFEA “Discovery” Artist in residence Festivals take an early career artist(s) with exceptional talent and ready to break through internationally under their wings.
Approximately 40 grants of 8.000€ will be attributed to this category.
- EFFEA “Springboard” Artist in residence Festivals take a mid-career artist(s) established in their own country and ready to develop their career internationally under their wings.
Approximately 10 grants of 15.000€ will be attributed to this category.
- Publication of the EFFEA Call 2: 13 April 2023
- Start online application: 13 April 2023
- Info session and network moment: 14 April 2023
- Application deadline: 19 June 2023
- Results announcement: August 2023
- Publication of the selected emerging artists and festivals (EFFEA residencies) on the EFFEA platform: September 2023
- Implementation period: 1 September 2023 – 31 August 2024